Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus, 2017 Chorizo Contest
- 6 oz Super-Picante chorizo (one stick) remove casing
- 3 oz Mild Chorizo (1/2 stick) remove casing
- 1 lb Ground pork
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 3 small Diced potatoes
- 3 cups Water
- 24 Taco soft shells (corn or flour)
- 4 Jalapeños
- 3 Poblano peppers
- 1/2 Onion
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- 4 Tomatoes
- Brown all meats on med-high heat.
- Once meat is brown add the diced potatoes, all spices and 3 cups of water.
- Then put the pan on low heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender and water is all gone.
- Heat soft shells and add a few tablespoons of filling to shells. Garnish with Green Chili, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, and cilantro etc.
- Take and cut vegetables in to quarters.
- Place all your vegetables in a pot and cover with water.
- Cook until all vegetables are tender.
- Take most of the water out but leave about a ¼ in the pan.
- Put aside some of the water in a bowl in case you need to thin the sauce.
- Add vegetables to a blender mix till smooth. Once smooth put back in pan and bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for ten minutes or until thick.