Fresh Chorizo Bruschetta on a Crostini
Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus, 2013 Chorizo Contest
- 1 French Bread, cut into ½ slices
- Olive Oil
- 1 Package El Popular Chorizo Original
- 1/2 Cup Light brown sugar
- 8 Plum tomatoes, small dice
- 8 Yellow tomatoes, small dice
- 1 Large Bunch fresh basil, chiffonade
- 3 Lemons, sliced
- Garlic, minced to taste
- 1 Brick Mozzarella Cheese, small cubes
- 1/2 Cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Wash produce.
- Cook El Popular Chorizo Original in a large sauté pan until browned, drain very well until it is a dry paste. Mix brown sugar into the chorizo, set aside in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, basil, lemon juice, garlic, and cheese to the bowl.
- Mix vinegar and oil, add thyme, salt and pepper to taste, and add to bowl.
- Put in refrigerator to chill.
- On a sheet pan, lay out French bread slices, brush with olive oil and toast in oven until lightly toasted. Cool and put on a platter.