Chorizo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus, 2011 Chorizo Contest
Servings: 4 dozen
- 2 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 4 oz Butter
- 6 oz El Popular Original Chorizo
- 1/4 cup Apple sauce
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook Chorizo until medium to dark brown in color. Drain on paper towels and let cool.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt in bowl. In mixing bowl with paddle attachment cream together sugar, brown sugar, and butter until creamy.
- Add eggs and applesauce mix until combined. Slowly add flour mixture into the egg mixture mix until just combined.
- Fold in chopped pecans and cooled chorizo with rubber spatula.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough 2 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cookies rest 2 to 4 minutes then transfer to wire rack for cooling.