Chorizo Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus, 2012 Chorizo Contest
Servings: 12 poppers
- 12 small to medium fresh jalapenos
- 1 pkg (9 oz.) shredded Chihuahua cheese
- 6-8 oz El Popular Chorizo (Original)
- 1 Egg beaten plus ½ tsp water
- 1/4 Cup Flour (for dusting)
- 1 Sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- 3-4 Cups Cooking oil
- Heat cooking oil to 375 degrees. Cut tops of jalapenos off and remove seeds and white veins.
- In a skillet on medium heat cook chorizo until done, add the Chihuahua cheese and let melt. Using a piping bag or spoon, carefully add the chorizo and cheese mixture into the cavity of the pepper filling to the top.
- Replace tops back on the peppers. Dip poppers in the egg wash, flour, then crushed crackers.
- Deep fry till the outside of the popper is golden brown.