Stuffed Chorizo Mushrooms
Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus, 2012 Chorizo Contest
Servings: 6 servings
- 8 oz Button mushroom, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 tbsp Corn oil
- 4 oz Ground round beef
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 3 oz El Popular Chorizo (Original)
- 1/4 cup Onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cilantro, chopped
- 3 oz Pepper Jack Cheese, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- In a medium skillet combine oil, beef, garlic powder, and salt to cook until meat is browned. Add El Popular Chorizo and cook for an addition 5 minutes.
- Stir in onion and cilantro. Mix and set aside.
- Wash mushroom and pat dry with a paper towel. Spoon chorizo mixture into each mushroom cap and place cheese square on top, and place onto sheet pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 325F for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.