Creamy Crusted Chorizo Potstickers
Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus, 2012 Chorizo Contest
Servings: 40 potstickers
- 1 lb El Popular Chorizo
- 4 oz Water chestnuts, minced
- 4 oz Green onions, minced
- 10 oz Fresh spinach, chopped finely
- 2 Ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp Honey mustard
- 6 oz Bread crumbs
- 8 oz Shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 oz Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pkg Wonton wrappers
- In a skillet cook chorizo, drain and set aside.
- Mix together water chestnuts, green onions, spinach in another bowl. Peel avocados and smash with fork; fold in honey mustard.
- Mix together bread crumbs and cheeses then add cream cheese and mix well.
- Mix all ingredients together. Take wonton wrapper and place 1 tbsp. in the center of wonton.
- With brush dip in water brush edge of wrap; fold wonton in half and pinch to seal. Repeat until all are made. Place wonton in hot steamer and steam for 5 minutes. Use your favorite dipping sauce.