Hot Chorizo Poppers Wrapped in Bacon
Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus, 2013 Chorizo Contest
Servings: 24 servings
- 1 Pkg El Popular Chorizo Original
- 24 Jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz Queso Fresco
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 24 Slices of bacon
- Cook El Popular Chorizo Original, without casings in hot skillet over medium heat until cooked. Drain excess grease. Set aside.
- Combine the shredded Mexican Queso Fresco and softened cream. Set aside.
- Cut a slit in each jalapeno, starting near the crown and down to just near the tip. Clean out the membrane of the pepper and the seeds with the back of a teaspoon.
- Using the same spoon, stuff the peppers half full with the cheese mixture.
- Next, sprinkle the Chorizo on top of the cheese mixture.
- Finally, wrap the peppers, with the slice of bacon. Secure the bacon to the pepper with a toothpick. Preheat oven to medium hot heat. Bake peppers for 8-10 minutes, rotating each pepper every 2 minutes. Let the peppers cool slightly, remove the tooth picks and serve warm.