Longaniza Pot Pie
Ivy Tech- Michigan City Campus, 2011 Chorizo Contest
Servings: 5 servings
- 1 lb El Popular Longaniza
- 3 oz Potatoes, medium dice
- 3 oz Carrots, medium dice
- 3 oz Pearl onions
- 3 oz Green peas
- 12 oz Chicken Veloute sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp Fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 Frozen Flaky Pie Dough, thawed
- Cut El Popular Longaniza into ½ inch pieces.
- Steam the vegetables separately until tender. Mix the vegetables, Longaniza with the veloute sauce.
- Pour the vegetables evenly into a prepared casserole dish. Top the casserole with the pie dough, cut holes to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 400 degrees until the crust has brown. Enjoy!