Pumpkin Chorizo Cheesecake
Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus, 2013 Chorizo Contest
Servings: 1 Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups Ginger snaps crumbs
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp Melted butter
- 1 tbsp White sugar
- 1 3/4 cup Dark brown sugar
- 3 pkgs (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup El Popular Chorizo Original
- 1 can 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauté pan cook the chorizo and drain grease. Let cool.
- Combine ginger snaps, sugar, cocoa powder and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Pour crust mixture into a 9 inch spring form pan. Pat down into pan bringing mixture up 2/3rds up the pan.
- Put in oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Take out set aside to cool.
- Drop oven temp down to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, and brown sugar until light in fluffy with hand mixer.
- Mix in pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and chorizo in a medium bowl
- Stir pumpkin mixture into cream cheese
- Mix in eggs and cornstarch just until combined.
- Pour filling into cooled crust.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes until it looks set. At the last 30 minutes crack oven door or turn oven off and let cheesecake sit in oven.
- Cool and refrigerate for 4 hours before cutting and serving.