- 2 – 1 ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 pound El Popular mild chorizo – cooked, and drained – reserve some for topping
- 1/2 cup total, butter and chorizo drippings
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- Pinch of paprika
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkle some cooked chorizo on top (optional)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Grease a 9 x 9 pan
- Cook El Popular Mild Chorizo over medium heat in a sauté pan. Strain the Chorizo. Add the dripping to the butter.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate with butter and chorizo dripping over a double boiler, cool slightly.
- Mix sugar, eggs, salt, paprika, and vanilla in a bowl, blend well but don’t whip.
- Add chorizo, chocolate mixtures to egg mixture. Blend for 1 minute.
- Fold in flour and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes, larger batch for 40-45 minutes.
- Put chocolate chips in bowl, heat heavy cream just to a boil.
- Pour over chocolate let stand for a few minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Pour over cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle additional cooked chorizo.