Spaghetti “El Popular”
Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus, 2010 Chorizo Contest
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 1/2 links (9 oz.) El Popular Chorizo
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- Sugar to taste
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1 small jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 lb Thin Spaghetti noodles
- 12 oz Grated Mozzarella
- 1/2 medium Onion diced
- 1 can (14.5oz.) diced tomatoes (with Basil, garlic, oregano) drained
- 1 can (7.75 oz.) tomato sauce (Salsa de Chili Fresco)
Remove casing from chorizo. And cook over medium heat in a large skillet for 8-10 minutes.
Add garlic half way through cooking.
Add diced onion and peppers stirring occasionally over low heat to medium heat.
Next add diced tomatoes and spaghetti sauce continues to simmer. Sauce should be thickening.
Add water if too thick and sugar to taste. Simmer.
Boil noodles according to instruction of box. Drain and add a splash of olive oil.
Add 1/2 sauce to noodles and serve with a spoon of remaining sauce on top.